BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Act 3, Scene 5



Dear Diary,

Romeo came to see me today. I am truly worried because he is banished and is still coming back to Verona. However, I am happy to see it is in order to see me and talk to me. My mother interrupted our short conversation before Romeo had to leave. She came into my room and was wondering what was going on. She asked me if I was every going to stop crying and mourning over Tybalt's death. Frankly, I hate having to lie to my parents about why I have been weeping so often. I feel terrible because it seems as if I do not care that Tybalt is dead. Tybalt was my cousin. Although he was a bit of a hot head, he always treated me well and I most certainly will miss him. Right now, I do not know as to which I will miss more: Tybalt or the thought of perhaps my relationship with Romeo getting better. Mother kept calling Romeo a villain. It was so hard to sit there and allow my mother to talk about my husband that way. Oh, I wish this fight never happened and the family feud never existed. That way, life would be so much easier and I could do what I wanted with my love life. I had to tell my mother that I wanted Romeo dead. This was probably the hardest thing I ever had to do. I love Romeo with all my heart and to sit there and lie to my mother was extremely difficult. I told her that I wanted to take all the love I had for Tyablt and take it out on Romeo. This conversation suddenly grew terribly worse when she told me about my father's idea to get over my sadness. She told me that my father things I should marry in order to be happy again. This whole idea is mad! Everyone is mad! My mother, the Nurse, my father, Romeo, Tybalt, and even myself: we're all mad! Marriage is the reason behind my sadness and my father thinks that it will make me happy. Oh, how I wish I could explain to them everything. That is what will stop my sadness. I told my mother how I felt about marrying Paris and she told me to tell my father. So, when he came to my room, I told him. I have never seem him so furious with me! He called me a spoiled brat and told me that I get everything I ever have wanted. Oh, why? Why does this have to happen to me. Maybe the Friar will know what to do. After all, he can't marry me after he has already betrothed me and Romeo... can he?... would he?

- Juliet

0 comments: